DO YOU WANT TO ADD SOME FUN FARMHOUSE ELEMENTS BUT YOU DON’T THINK YOU HAVE ENOUGH SPACE? THINK AGAIN! CHECK OUT THIS EASY DIY HOME DECOR PROJECT THAT WILL ADD FARMHOUSE STYLE IN SMALL KITCHENS WITHOUT A PROBLEM!
Whether you love it (me!) or hate it (which I don’t understand), farmhouse style appears here to stay! But these days, “farmhouse” can be a huge range of styles – modern, rustic, shabby chic and so on. For me, I like the modern farmhouse vibe and finding ways to bring it into our home. In particular, I’m loving the farmhouse style in small kitchens, since mine is fairly small!
BUT, like with anything popular, the cost can get a little out of hand. So naturally, I like to look for ways to make my own decor!
What You’ll Need for Farmhouse Kitchen Decor
You can use so many pieces in the kitchen, but there are a few items that just scream FARMHOUSE! These include:
- Cutting boards
- Trays – both flat and tiered
- Anything painted in chalk paint
For this project, we will be using most of the items above! I’m including some links to similar or exact products in case you don’t have a dollar store or craft store nearby!
What You’ll Do
You can easily print these directions for your farmhouse-style decor project and follow along with the video!
- Start by painting your cutting board and wooden crate with chalk paint using a foam brush. You may want to do multiple coats, in which case make sure that you allow proper drying time! The paint instructions are to allow 2 hours between coats.
- Be sure when painting that you get in between the slats of the crate!
- Once your paint is completely dry, it's time to attach the wooden crate.
- Using both hot glue and E6000, glue your painted wooden crate to the cutting board at a position you like - I chose to put mine near the bottom, to allow for a taller display if I want.
- Allow proper time for the glue to set before moving on to the next step.
- Add any display pieces or trim that you've chosen. You could use just about anything - twine, wood beads, flowers, greenery or ribbon - to complete the look of your display!
For best results, allow sufficient time between each step. Let your paint and your glue dry and cure completely before moving on!
Isn’t this just the cutest little piece of decor? I don’t know about you, but I might not even keep it just in the kitchen! A little stand like this would be perfect on my bathroom counter! I can picture it with a handsoap and hand cream, or my bath products. You could even keep your brushes and combs in this stand!
And just think about all the ways you could accessorize this little piece. Flowers, greenery, ribbon, twine, jars, bottles, and seasonal items would be perfect!
Either way, you can see how easy it is to add farmhouse style to small kitchen spaces! All you need is a little time and a little DIY! For another fun kitchen project, be sure to check out How to Make a Simple Kitchen Sink Stand: Easy DIY Dollar Store Decor! And for other farmhouse ideas, you might want to make a Photo Board.
Want to remember this? Save “How to Add Farmhouse Style to Small Kitchens: Easy DIY Home Decor” to your favourite Pinterest Boards!