ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FUN AND FAST WAYS TO ADD SOME FARMHOUSE STYLE TO YOUR HOME? WHY NOT TRY AN EASY DIY DOLLAR STORE DECOR PROJECT AND MAKE YOUR OWN SIMPLE KITCHEN SINK STAND!
In our home, much like everyone’s, I’m sure, the kitchen is a battleground. And I don’t mean fighting over who gets to cook! Keeping our kitchen clean and organized can be a challenge, but finding simple ways to get organized can be a total game changer! I’ve come up with this easy DIY dollar store decor project for you. You can make a simple kitchen sink stand in an afternoon and tackle some of the clutter on your counters.
I think the hardest part to keep organized is the area around the kitchen sink. For me, I like to have my hand soap, scrubbers and brushes close at hand. I also like to have a place to put my rings for when I’m washing really greasy dishes and maybe some hand cream. Now, that’s a lot of stuff to keep at hand without having some way to corral it all. Without a stand to anchor it to, things tend to wander. My husband swears he doesn’t move them, but …
Simple Kitchen Sink Stand: Watch the Video
Over the years, I’ve tried a couple of different things to keep my counter space organized, but so far, each has had more cons than pros. I love the look of a cake stand, but I don’t find it’s particularly sturdy. Especially when using a pump for hand soap! I tried a basket, but when my hands are wet, the water drips into the basket bottom and it just makes a mess! So I’ve come up with my own solution!
What You’ll Need
The fun part of this project is that you can get what you need from most dollar stores. And you can get really creative! I’ve included a few links for some products on Amazon, just in case you really don’t want to put on pants!
- Glass base – I’m using a square base that is approximately 8″ x 8″, but you can certainly use round or rectangular bases as well
- Printed surface – this can be paper, cloth or even a plastic tablecloth like the one that I found at a dollar store
- Mod Podge and brush
- Scissors or Rotary Cutter
- Ruler or straight edge for cutting
And that’s it! If your craft stash looks anything like mine, you might have all the supplies you need for this kitchen sink stand in your craft room already! If not, pop over to your favourite dollar store or onto Amazon and get what you need!
What You’ll Do
This project is so fast and so easy, you’ll be shocked that you haven’t make a kitchen sink stand before now! Go ahead and print out the directions if you like and follow along!
- Glass base - this can be any size or shape, but don't make it too big or too small
- Plastic tablecloth or placemat - find one that is fairly thin
- Scissors or rotary cutter
- Ruler or straight edge to use as a cutting guide
- Start by measuring your base. Mine is a square that measures approximately 8".
- Cut your tablecloth or placemat (the topper) to the same size or slightly smaller than your base.
- Put a layer of ModPodge on your base.
- Place your topper on the base while the ModPodge is still wet.
- Ensure your topper is centred and smooth.
- Brush another layer of ModPodge onto your topper, ensure you cover all the edges.
- Allow the stand to dry completely.
- If you would like more coverage, you can add a second or third layer of ModPodge.
- Allow each layer to dry completely.
- Decorate and organize as desired!
And just like that, you have a lovely little spot to keep track of the items you like to have handy in your kitchen! Of course, you don’t have to stop there. You can make these simple kitchen sink stands for far more than the kitchen sink – consider changing up the shape, size and pattern of your topper and use them in bathrooms, on nightstands or even beside your favourite chair!
This simple kitchen sink stand really is perfect for EVERYTHING except the kitchen sink itself!
And for more easy dollar store decor, you might want to check out these posts:
Adding fun fresh farmhouse decor to your home does not – and should not – cost a fortune! You can easily create your own handmade decor to suit your particular style. And this simple kitchen sink stand is a great place to start!
Want to remember this? Save “How to Make a Simple Kitchen Sink Stand: Easy DIY Dollar Store Decor” to your favourite Pinterest boards!