INTRODUCING TREAT TRAIL, A FAST AND FUN HALLOWEEN-THEMED QUILT PATTERN!
Get ready to add a spooktacular twist to your quilting journey with Treat Trail, my newest quilt pattern! Treat Trail is a bewitching Halloween-themed creation that’s as fun to make as it is to cuddle up with.
This quilt pattern combines the charm of the season with the ease of hourglass nine-patch blocks, making it the perfect project for quilters of all levels. So, grab your favourite pumpkin spice latte, cozy up in your crafting nook, and head on over to my shop to download your pdf copy today! Embark on your own Halloween Treat Trail, a quilting adventure like no other!
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Finished Quilt Size: approximately 52″ x 52″
- Block Size: 13.5″
- Pattern Style: Hourglass Nine-Patch Block
To bring this fun quilt to life, I used the following fabrics. But you should absolutely feel free to bring your own flair and creativity by choosing your own colour palette or fabric types.
- Light Grey: ⅝ yard (.6 metres) of Spooky Schoolhouse by Melissa Mortenson for Riley Blake Designs
- Purple: 1 ⅛ yard (1.1 metres) of Seasonal Basics Bats by Riley Blake Designs
- Orange: ¾ yard (.7 metres) of Scaredy Cat by Amanda Niederhauser for Riley Blake Designs
- Black: ½ yard (.5 metres) of Hello Kitties by Dear Stella
You will also need batting, backing and binding. If you choose to do a traditional 1″ binding, you will need ½ yard (.5) metres of fabric cut into 2 ½” strips.
Every great quilt requires the right tools. Here’s what you’ll need to create your own Treat Trail.
- Rotary cutter and mat – You can absolutely use a good pair of scissors, but I do find that you get the most accurate cuts using a rotary cutter.
- Quilting Ruler
- Sewing machine
- Iron and ironing board or pressing mat
- Pins or clips
- Fabric marker
- Spray starch – I have recently started starching my fabrics, and I’m loving the difference. A note of caution, however: starching precuts may not work out well, as the starch can shrink your fabric in one direction only. Your squares will no longer be squares!
Remember, quilting is more than just stitching fabric together—it’s about creating memories, pouring love into every stitch, and crafting stories that last for generations. I’d love to see your interpretation of Treat Trail! Share your progress and finished quilts with us using #ourlittlehandmadehome or #olhhmoments on social media.
Happy Quilting! 🧵✨
Want to remember this? Save TREAT TRAIL: A SCARY SIMPLE HALLOWEEN PATTERN to your favourite Pinterest boards!