GET READY FOR EASTER WITH THIS SUPER QUICK HOLIDAY SNACK RECIPE! YOU’LL LOVE EASY MINI EGG EASTER TREATS AND I’LL BET YOU’LL BE MAKING THEM LONG AFTER THE EASTER BUNNY HAS HOPPED ALONG!
Did someone say mini eggs? Sign me up! I’m not normally a fan of milk chocolate – I MUCH prefer the darker variety – but mini eggs get me every time! Of course, we don’t have small kids at home, but my husband still likes a sweet treat now and then. And honestly, I’d be lying if I said it was only him! So I decided to whip up a batch of quick and easy mini egg Easter treats and tried not to eat them all in one sitting!
What You’ll Need
These Easter treats are simply a twist on a classic snack – the Rice Krispie square! As I said, this could not be easier. You need a total of four ingredients:
- Butter – 3 tbsps
- Marshmallows – 40 regular size or a 10 oz. bag of the mini size (it’s roughly 4 cups)
- Crispy rice cereal – 6 cups – you can use any brand of crispy rice cereal you can find
- Mini Eggs – I used a family-size bag, but you can use more or less, depending on how much you love them!
Of course, you’ll need your tools:
- Large pot or saucepan for melting and combining ingredients – non-stick is DEFINITELY best! I love my Cookware Set that I got for Christmas a few years back.
- 9″ x 13″ pan – a Non-Stick Cake Pan or Glass Baking Dish will do fine.
What You’ll Do
Most of us, at some point in our lives, have made crispy rice squares, but a refresher never hurt anyone!
Melt your butter in your large saucepan over low-medium heat.
Add your marshmallows to the melted butter. Be sure to stir until smooth and make sure the mixture doesn’t burn!
Remove your saucepan from the heat.
Add the cereal and mini eggs as soon as the pot is off the stove. If you wait too long, the mixture will harden and you won’t be able to mix the eggs in!
Transfer your mixture to your greased 9×13 pan. I just use a non-stick cooking spray to make sure my treats pop out nice and easy.
Chill the dish in the fridge until hard.
Cut your treats into 2-inch squares and enjoy!
Yup, that’s it! It took me longer to do the dishes than it did to make these tasty mini egg easter treats, and I’m okay with that! Remember that these squares are best served fresh – as in the same day – but they’ll keep in an air-tight container for up to two days. Of course, you can freeze them as well, for up to 6 weeks. When you want to eat them, just pull them out of the freezer and let them sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 4 cups marshmallows (regular or mini)
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 18 oz Mini Egg Easter candy (I used the family bag)
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add the marshmallows and stir until they are completely melted.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Stir in the cereal and mini eggs quickly. Once the mixture cools, it gets very difficult to stir!
- Press the mixture into a 9x13 glass or non-stick pan. To ensure easy removal, use a non-stick cooking spray.
- Allow treats to cool.
- Cut into 2-inch squares.
These delicious treats are best enjoyed the same day they are made! But they will keep up to 2 days in an airtight container.
You can freeze these treats for up to 6 weeks in an airtight container. To thaw, simply let them stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 349Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 8mgSodium 116mgCarbohydrates 52gFiber 2gSugar 33gProtein 3g
I don’t know about you, but I think I’ll be making a couple of batches to keep in the freezer to get my husband through to Easter!
For another fun, delicious sweet treat that your whole family will love, be sure to try this amazing dessert!
Want to remember this? Save these Quick & Easy Mini Egg Easter Treats to your favourite Pinterest boards!