EASTER IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER AND WHAT BETTER WAY TO CELEBRATE THE HOLIDAY THAN WITH EASY EASTER CUPCAKES? THESE SWEET TREATS ARE PERFECT FOR ADDING A FESTIVE TOUCH TO ANY GATHERING AND WILL DELIGHT YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS.
With Easter approaching, now is the perfect time to whip up some easy Easter cupcakes. These delightful treats are a great way to add some holiday flair to your gathering and are sure to be a hit with everyone.
Of course, cupcakes are always a crowd-pleaser and when you add some seasonal charm, they are just that much better!
Simple Vanilla Cupcakes
If you are on the search for a simple cupcake that will be perfect for any occasion, look no further. These delicious morses, while perfect for easy Easter cupcakes, are the ideal dessert for Valentine’s Day, Christmas and EVERY day in between!
When making cupcakes, or doing any baking, you’ll want to be using just the right tools. Here’s a list of my favourites:
*Note – these are affiliate links. What does this mean? Simply put, if you make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a commission, at no cost to you.*
KitchenAid Stand Mixer – I have this model but in Azure Blue. I love the ease of using a stand mixer for any of my baking. I especially love the glass bowl with the pour spout on this model.
Mixing Bowls – All kitchens should have a set of good mixing bowls. Whether you prefer glass or plastic is up to you but I do love these glass Pyrex nesting mixing bowls.
Measuring cups and spoons – These certainly do not need to be fancy, but I really like the measuring spoons that are long, rather than round. They easily fit inside spice jars, where the round-shaped spoons won’t always do that!
Baking pans – Because we are making cupcakes, you naturally need cupcake pans! You can make full-size or mini cupcakes with this recipe, so why not do both?
Wilton Cake Decorating Tools – I got this set as a birthday gift a few years ago. I think my husband really loved the idea of adding baking into this blog and felt this would help add to my creativity!
Now that you have your supplies, we are ready to get to our easy Easter cupcakes.
Vanilla Cupcake and Buttercream Frosting Recipes
This easy cupcake recipe will be a sure-fire winner, and not just for Easter! Be sure to bookmark this page, or print out the recipe and keep it in your binder of favourites. It will be a go-to for you for all seasons.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- food colouring (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the flour mixture in three parts, alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Beat until just combined.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer beat the butter until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the heavy cream and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Add food colouring and mix until the desired colour is achieved (optional).
- Transfer the frosting to a piping bag fitted with a desired tip and pipe it onto the cooled cupcakes.
- Decorate the cupcakes with sprinkles, candy, or other decorations as desired.
This recipe is also perfect for mini cupcakes! When making mini cupcakes, it's important to adjust the baking time accordingly, as they will cook faster than regular-sized cupcakes. Generally, mini cupcakes take about 10-15 minutes to bake, while regular-sized cupcakes take 18-20 minutes. It's always a good idea to keep an eye on your cupcakes while they're baking to ensure they don't overcook or undercook.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 486Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 99mgSodium 107mgCarbohydrates 62gFiber 0gSugar 53gProtein 3g
These cupcakes are absolutely delicious and perfect as they are, but here are some ideas and tips for making them into easy Easter cupcakes.
Choose a Festive Theme
Easter is all about pastel colours, bunnies, chicks, and eggs, so why not incorporate those themes into your cupcakes? You can choose a specific colour scheme, such as pastel pink, blue, and yellow, or you can focus on Easter-themed decorations.
You can even add some Easter grass or shredded coconut to create a fun and festive look. Try using holiday-themed cupcake liners!
Keep it Simple
One of the best things about cupcakes is that they are easy to make and decorate, even if you are not an experienced baker. You can start with a basic vanilla or chocolate cupcake recipe, then add frosting and decorations.
Easter decorations often lend themselves to simplicity. A vanilla cupcake with white buttercream icing would be adorable with a Peep perched on top!
Use Springtime Ingredients
Springtime brings an abundance of fresh produce, so why not incorporate some of those flavours into your cupcakes? Lemon, strawberry, and raspberry are all popular flavours for springtime desserts.
You can also add fresh fruit as a topping or filling for your cupcakes. Fresh fruit not only adds flavour but also makes your cupcakes healthier and more colourful.
Make Mini Cupcakes
If you are making cupcakes for a large group, consider making mini cupcakes instead. Mini cupcakes are a fun and bite-sized treat that can be decorated just like regular-sized cupcakes. Plus, they are easier to eat and can be served as a fun addition to a dessert table.
And there you have it! Easy Easter cupcakes that are sure to please everyone. These cupcakes are perfect for Easter egg hunts, family gatherings, or just a sweet treat to enjoy on a lazy afternoon.
Here are a few extra tips to make your cupcakes extra special:
- Add a surprise in the center of the cupcakes. After filling the muffin cups with batter, place a small piece of chocolate, a marshmallow, or a small candy in the center of the batter. Cover with more batter and bake as directed.
- Use pastel food colouring to make the cupcakes look more festive and Easter-like.
- Decorate the cupcakes with Easter-themed candies, such as Peeps, jelly beans, or chocolate eggs.
- Use a variety of piping tips to create different designs with the buttercream frosting.
However you choose to enjoy them, these easy Easter cupcakes are a fun and delicious way to celebrate the holiday with family and friends. Whether you are an experienced baker or just starting out, there are plenty of ways to create beautiful and tasty cupcakes that will impress your guests. So, put on your apron, gather your ingredients, and get ready to create some sweet and festive treats that everyone will enjoy!
Want to remember this? Save EASY EASTER CUPCAKES: SEASONAL DESSERT RECIPE to your favourite Pinterest boards!