ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN EASY LAST-MINUTE HALLOWEEN DECORATION? SEE HOW QUICKLY YOU CAN MAKE THIS DIY MICKEY MOUSE HALLOWEEN WREATH AND ADD A LITTLE MAGIC TO YOUR HOLIDAY!
Over the years, I’ve started to really enjoy decorating for Halloween. And if I get the opportunity to add some Disney style to my holidays, you can bet that I’ll take it! So with that, let me show you an easy DIY Mickey Mouse Halloween Wreath!
With the exception of the light-up Pumpkin Mickey necklace, which I bought in Disneyland, all the supplies used for this wreath came from the dollar store.
What You Need for this DIY Mickey Mouse Halloween Wreath
This wreath really comes together so quickly and it’s very budget-friendly! I purchased all my items at a dollar store, but just in case you can find them, I’ve included the following Amazon links:
- Three wire wreath forms – I used one 14″ form and two 8″ forms
- Halloween garland – choose the colours you like the best! I used 9-foot garlands and I used 7 in total.
- Floral wire
- Wire cutters
- Lights – this is optional, but if you plan to put your wreath outside, having lights can really make it stand out
And that’s it! This really is a quick and easy DIY project.
How to Make an Easy DIY Mickey Mouse Halloween Wreath
There are very few steps to this project, which makes it so fun! And just think of the options. Yes, this is a Halloween wreath, but you can repeat the same process for any season! And there’s nothing like having Mickey Mouse hanging around all year long!
You can check out my YouTube video here to see how it all came together.
For those of you that like to have a printed copy of the instruction, you can print them out here.
Easy DIY Mickey Mouse Halloween Wreath
Mickey Mouse is always in style, and this DIY Halloween Wreath will add a whole lot of magic to your front door!
- 14" Wire Wreath Form
- 8" Wire Wreath Form - two
- Halloween Tinsel Garland
- Floral Wire - black
- Floral Wire Cutters
- Halloween Mini Lights
- Start by wrapping your tinsel garland around each of the smaller wreath forms. Fill them in as full as you like.
- Once your ears are finished, set them aside.
- Wrap the larger 14" wreath form with tinsel garland. I used black and purple, but choose the colours you like best. I recommend using two garlands at one time, to create the fullness we are looking for.
- When wrapping the large wreath form, use a small piece of floral wire (approximately 4 inches) to attach the garland to the wreath form. This step is not necessary for the smaller wreath forms.
- Continue wrapping tinsel garland around the large wreath form until it is fully covered.
- Next, attach your lights to the main part of the wreath. The exception would be if you want the ears to be lit up, then attach the ears and then attach your lights.
- Using smaller pieces of floral wire - approximately 4-6" - secure the lights to the wire wreath form. Be sure to space out the wires, so that they don't crush down the tinsel.
- Once the lights are affixed to the centre of the wreath, you'll attach the ears.
- Cut a piece of floral wire approximately 24" long. Fold it in half and then in half again. Feel the folded end of the wire through the large wreath form, coming up into the centre of one ear.
- Feed the other end of the wire through the loop and pull tight.
- Wrap the end of the wire through the large wreath form approximately 2-3" away from the initial contact point and secure.
- Repeat steps 9-11 for the second ear.
- Create a hanger at the top of the wreath by looping a piece of wire approximately 6" long.
- Hang your wreath and enjoy!
I absolutely love how quickly this project came together! And even more than that, I love how it adds a whole lot of magic to my front porch!
Want to remember this? Save this Easy DIY Mickey Mouse Halloween Wreath to your favourite Pinterest boards!